It’s summer in Australia so while most of you in the Northern Hemisphere are digging into soups, stews and heartier fare of all kind, I’m enjoying fresh, light summer food with the help of the herbs I’m growing on my balcony. This is a super easy recipe where you can mix and match whatever herbs you have. I serve it with salad or slightly wilted fresh spinach.
While this is quite a light chicken dish, you could definitely eat it in winter as well. Just try serving it with green beans or roasted veggies instead.
- 4 Chicken Thighs (or 2 Large Chicken Breasts) cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 Tbs olive oil or macadamia nut oil
- Juice from ½ a lemon + a bit of lemon zest
- 2 Tbs fresh herbs chopped (I used oregano, but basil, thyme, rosemary or tarragon would all be great!)
- Salt to taste ( I use about 1 tsp sea salt)
- Put all ingredients in a ziplock bag or sealed container
- Marinate at least one hour in the fridge (I do mine overnight.)
- Heat up a frying pan
- Toss chicken in
- Cook till done – about 5 minutes
Time-saving tip: Make this in bulk and freeze batches of chicken pre-marinated and then thaw on the day you want to cook it.
Incoming search terms:
- paleo lemon n herbs chicken breast green beans anad nuts
- slow cooker chicken herbed recipe