When you get sick of eating greens on the Slow Carb Diet, this Indian inspired dish will give you a lively, but healthy break. Cauliflower and peas are both packed with fiber and nutrients.
You can add beans, lentils, prawns or chicken to make it a full meal. Or serve with a side of daal and chicken.
Spicy Slow Carb Cauliflower and Pea Curry
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder or cayenne pepper (only use 1/4 t)
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into tiny florets
- 1 cup water or broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5 ounces frozen peas
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Heat oil in large pot. Add mustard seed. When mustard seeds start to pop, add the garlic and let cook for almost a minute.
- Add the onion and cook until t is translucent. Add the spices and blend well in pot.
- Add the cauliflower and water/broth. Allow it to simmer for 5 minutes. Add the lemon juice, salt, and peas. Cook until cauliflower is done, about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.