A nice cut of grass fed beef, properly cooked, doesn’t need a whole lot of extras to taste amazing. My dad used to say to us growing up that if a steak requires A1, it wasn’t cooked properly. I have to say I agree.
This is a really simple but flavorful Slow Carb beef recipe. The trick is in not overcooking the steak. I prefer mine medium rare.
- 2 Tbs whole black peppercorns
- 1 Tbs sea salt
- 3 Tbs olive oil or macadamia nut oil
- 4 beef fillet portions, approx 4 oz each
- Crush the peppercorns and salt in a mortar and pestle or food processor to a medium-fine texture. Mix with 2 tablespoons of oil and press onto both sides of the beef fillets.
- Heat the remaining1 Tbs oil in a large fry pan over medium-high heat. Cook the beef fillets 3-4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Make sure the fan is nice and hot before you add the steak.
Incoming search terms:
- slow-carb steak to take away
- slow carb trick recipes