Spinach is a staple for most people on the Slow Carb Diet, but plain old spinach all the time can get a boring rather quickly. Here’s a quick little side dish I came up with to make the spinach a bit more enticing and possibly even the highlight of your meal.
- 1 Tbs macadamia nut oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 24 oz (about 10 cups or two 12oz bags) of raw baby spinach
- 1 cup chopped, diced bacon
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan.
- Add onions and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1-2 more minutes.
- Add bacon and continue cooking until bacon is cooked through.
- Add spinach in batches, and keep adding more as the spinach cooks down. You can add as much or as little as you want.
- Salt and pepper to taste, and serve immediately.