Ketchup (or “tomato sauce” outside of the US) is a favorite condiment for most people. Unfortunately, traditional ketchup is packed with sugar – 4 grams per tablespoon. That could be enough to seriously undermine your progress on the Slow Carb Diet.
For those of you who are hopelessly addicted to ketchup on their eggs, if you take the time to make a low carb batch from scratch, you can have ketchup on the Slow Carb Diet.
Makes 1+ cup of ketchup
- 1 6 oz can of tomato paste
- ½ c water
- ¼ c vinegar
- ¼ t onion powder
- 1 t sea salt
- 1/8 t allspice
- 1/8 t ground cloves
- 1/8 t cinnamon
- 1/8 t garlic powder
- Stevia to taste ( I used about 1Tbs but will probably use less next time)
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Heat if desired. No cooking is required although warming it for a bit will let the flavors meld better to get more of a “ketchup taste”.
- Store in a sealed container. Keeps for at least 1 week.
Incoming search terms:
- stevia ketchup recipe
- low carb ketchup recipe with Stevia
- catsup recipe
- stevia sweetened homemade ketchup
- ketchup with stevia
- low sugar slow cooker ketchup
- recipe for catsup with stevia
- slow carb ketchup
- slow carb ketchup recipe
- slow carb tomato ketchup