Ketchup (or “tomato sauce” outside of the US) is a favorite condiment for most people. Unfortunately, traditional ketchup is packed with sugar – 4 grams per tablespoon. That could be enough to seriously undermine your progress on the Slow Carb Diet.
For those of you who are hopelessly addicted to ketchup on their eggs, if you take the time to make a low carb batch from scratch, you can have ketchup on the Slow Carb Diet.
Makes 1+ cup of ketchup
- 1 6 oz can of tomato paste
- ½ c water
- ¼ c vinegar
- ¼ t onion powder
- 1 t sea salt
- 1/8 t allspice
- 1/8 t ground cloves
- 1/8 t cinnamon
- 1/8 t garlic powder
- Stevia to taste ( I used about 1Tbs but will probably use less next time)
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Heat if desired. No cooking is required although warming it for a bit will let the flavors meld better to get more of a “ketchup taste”.
- Store in a sealed container. Keeps for at least 1 week.
Incoming search terms:
- low carb ketchup recipe stevia
- stevia ketchup recipe
- homemade ketchup with stevia
- ketchup with stevia
- low carb ketchup recipe with Stevia
- homemade ketchup low carb
- stevia sweetened homemade ketchup
- catsup recipe
- stevia ketchup recipes
- slow cooker ketchup recipe stevia