Cajun-style seasonings are a great way to liven up a salmon fillet. If you don’t care for fish, this same seasoning can be used on chicken as well.
I like to grill up several pieces and serve over a bed of fresh, uncooked baby spinach. If that doesn’t appeal to you, serve with cooked greens or a salad.
- 1 Tbs paprika
- ¼ Tbs cayenne pepper
- ½ Tbs onion or garlic powder
- 1 t sea salt
- ¼ t white ground pepper (black is fine if you don’t have this)
- ¼ fresh ground black pepper
- ½ t Italian herbs (basil, thyme, oregano and/or herb blend)
- 4 boneless, skinless salmon fillets
- 1 Tbs ghee or macadamia nut oil
- Mix all spices in a small bowl.
- Coat salmon fillets evenly with the spices on both sides.
- Heat ghee or oil in a large, heavy skillet. Over high heat, cook salmon until blackened about 2 minutes. Turn fillets and reduce heat to medium. Continue cooking until blackened and fish is easily flaked with a fork, about 2-3 minutes.