This is a mild but flavorful curry. It’s great served with lentils or daal or you can add lentils or chickpeas straight into the recipe.
I followed a recipe I found online and have translated it into US measurements – visit the site directly for metric conversions. The recipe requires quite a few ingredients but is fairly straightforward to prepare.
- 1lb of Minced Ground Beef
- ½ Cauliflower, washed & cut into medium sized florets
- 2 Onions, finely chopped
- 2 Tomatoes, blanched & chopped OR 1 can of tomatoes
- 4 cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (½” piece) of Ginger Root, crushed
- 4 Cardamom Pods, crushed
- 2 Cloves (
- 1 bunch of Fresh Cilantro Leaves, washed & finely chopped
- 1 t Coriander Powder
- 1 t Cumin
- 1 tsp. of Dried Fenugreek (I didn’t have this and used a bay leaf)
- 1 tsp. of Garam Masala
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh Ground Pepper, to tase
- Chilli Powder, to taste
- 3 Tbs of ghee or macadamia nut oil
- Heat oil in a large heavy pot and add the cauliflower in batches. Fry gently until it is golden brown. Set aside.
- In the same oil, add the cardamoms and cloves and as they start to darken add in the onions and fry well until they turn golden brown. Add in the ginger and garlic paste and fry. Add in the coriander powder, cumin powder, fenugreek leaves (or Bay Leaf), tomatoes, red chilli powder and salt and fry well until the oil starts to separate.
- Add in the minced meat, and fry on low heat until the excess water evaporates and the meat turns rich brown. Add as much water as would be needed to just cook the meat and cook in a pressure cooker. As soon as the cooker reaches maximum pressure, reduce the heat and cook for another 7-8 minutes. Let the pressure reduce by itself. Open the cooker and add in the cauliflower. Stir well, add more water if needed, cover and let it cook until the cauliflower is tender and there is no excess water left.
- Garnish with garam masala powder and coriander/cilantro leaves before serving.
Incoming search terms:
- hamburger cauliflower tomatoes slow cooker