I’m always looking for alternative breakfast ideas for the Slow Carb Diet. With leftover chilli sitting in the fridge at least once a week, I thought, why not turn the chilli into breakfast – a great way to get protein, beans and veggies in quick. This omelette takes less than 10 minutes to prepare and gives you a break from the standard scrambled eggs.
- Leftover chilli (or a can of chilli with no sugar or other added junk)
- 2 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- Whisk eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Heat skillet to medium-low and add oil or ghee.
- Add eggs and cook until bottom and sides are set but center is liquid, 3-4 minutes.
- Spoon chili over eggs, covering eggs, and cook – covered – until eggs are almost set, 4-6 minutes.
- Let sit 5 minutes. Cut omelette into 2-4 wedges before serving.