This was my second endeavour into cooking salmon. This recipe is simple, quick and tastes delicious. I made a few extra fillets and some sautéed spinach and garlic for lunch the next day.
- Salmon fillets
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Capers (about 1 teaspoon per salmon fillet)
- Garlic, finely chopped ( I used 1 clove for 2 fillets)
- Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Gently press garlic into the top side of the fillets.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once heated, add salmon with the garlic coasted side down.
- Cook for 2 minutes until garlic is browned.
- Turn the salmon over. Add capers and a bit more olive oil if the salmon has dried out.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes until the fish is just beginning to get flaky.