When it comes to steak, I could eat filet mignon with nothing but salt and pepper cooked medium rare every single day and be a happy lady. But, it’s summer in Australia and that means it’s BBQ season. Here ‘s a simple marinade you can make with items you likely have sitting in your pantry right now.
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 3 teaspoons wheat-free tamari
- Fresh ground pepper
- ¼ t oregano
- 1lb cut of lean steak (I prefer flank steak or skirt steak for this recipe)
- In a shallow dish, combine the wine, tamari, a pinch of fresh ground pepper and oregano.
- Add the steak and coat both sides with marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- When you’re ready to cook, remove the steak and discard extra marinade.
- Cook on the grill to medium rare. Slice thinly across the grain and serve.
Note: This steak can also be done indoors using the broiler. Coat a broiler rack pan with olive oil cooking spray and cook about 4-6 minutes per side (depending on how well done you like your steak.) 4 minutes is normally medium rare.