In case you haven’t guessed yet, I love lamb. It’s not as common or cheap in the US as it is in Australia, and Tim doesn’t specifically address eating lamb in his book, but a reasonably lean cut of lamb is likely comparable to eating a lean cut of beef.
This great meal for a special occasion or entertaining when you want to pretend you aren’t on a diet, this recipe is “lick the plate” delicious. Seriously, I’ve had guests ask me if it’d be rude for them to lick their plates!
I initially started making this recipe because I wanted to find a way to use all the fresh herbs I was growing on my balcony. Fresh is always best and more flavorful, but you can certainly used dried as well.
- 6 -8 lamb chops (lamb bbq chops)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1.5 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 Tbs finely chopped rosemary
- 1 Tbs finely chopped parsley
- 1 Tbs finely chopped thyme
- 2 Tbs butter or ghee
- 1 Tbs macadamia nut oil
- 1 cup dry red wine
- If there’s a lot of visible fat on the edges, you can cut it off, but I usually leave a bit of marbling in the middle. Perfectly OK for Slow Carbing.
- Season the chops well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat the oil in a large frying pan on medium-high. When quite hot, put in the chops and sear them on both sides till golden brown. Remove the chops to a warm plate.
- Reduce the heat to low, and remove any excess fat. Add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally until caramelized a bit. Increase the heat to medium, and add the mushrooms. Sauté for until golden brown – about 5 minutes.
- Put the chops back in the pan, pour on the red wine, and sprinkle on the rosemary, parsley and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for a couple of minutes until the sauce has thickened a bit. You may need to turn the heat up a bit to get the sauce to thicken. Stir in the butter.
- Serve chops covered with mushrooms and sauce alongside a simple vegetable, such as green beans or a green salad.
Incoming search terms:
- lamb chop
- lamb chops
- slow carb mushrooms
- paleo lamb chop recipes
- lamb chop recipe
- Lamb Chops with Mushrooms
- slow carb lamb
- lamb chops and mushrooms
- paleo lamb steak recipe
- lamb steak