This recipe is ridiculously simple and very tasty. A perfect inaugural roast chicken for a bachelor or bachelorette new to cooking. So easy and so well received that my non-cook boyfriend asked me to teach him to make it. This dish is great served with green beans and roast veggies.
- 1 t ghee (optional)
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 large chicken pieces on the bone (chicken Maryland is what I use)
- Roasting vegetab les – whatever you have on hand (onions, carrots, parsnips or and ear of corn chopped up into two inch sections all work well and fit into Slow Carb. If you’re aren’t Slow Carbing or have guests, it’s nice to add potatoes as well )
- Everyday Seasoning Blend or other seasonings. See below.
- Preheat oven to 220 C or 425 F.
- If you plan on roasting veggies, peel and chop into small pieces roughly the same size and put in a medium-large baking dish (it is important that the pan is big enough so that there is plenty of room for veggies to crisp.) Toss with a bit of macadamia nut oil. Pop in the oven while you prep the chicken.
- Season chicken with seasoning blend. I use a premade blend of sea salt, peppercorns, dried onion, garlic, parsley and oregano called Everyday Seasonings sold at Aldi in Australia. You can make your own by filling a grinder with those spices. Alternatively, I like Penzey’s Mural of Flavor or season on your own any way you like. Any poultry seasoning free of sugar and fillers is fine. Even plain old salt and pepper tastes great.
- Place ghee and oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add chicken and brown for 2 minutes each side until golden.
- Transfer to baking dish with the veggies. Reduce heat to 175 C or 350 F. Roast for 15 minutes, and then stir veggies and flip the chicken pieces over. Roast for 15 minutes longer and then remove from the oven and serve.
**Note: I like crispy, caramelized veggies so I will sometimes stir more often, but this isn’t necessary.
Incoming search terms:
- roast chicken maryland
- chicken maryland roast
- roast maryland chicken
- maryland baked chicken recipe
- baked chicken maryland recipe
- roast chicken maryland recipe
- slow carb baked chicken
- slow cqrb baked chicken
- chicken maryland roast recipe
- slow carb roast chicken and vegetables